domingo, 19 de julio de 2015

Johanna Larsson scored the first WTA title in Bastad 2015. Collector Swedish Open


Barthel had beaten Larsson in straight sets in all three of their previous meetings, but this time the No.7-seeded Larsson came out swinging, rallying from an early break down to take the first set and then rallying from a break down twice more to edge the No.4-seeded Barthel in straight sets, 6-3, 7-6(2). 

 She stormed out to a 5-0 lead in the second set tie-break and never really looked back. "I'm extremely happy," Larsson said.

"I think I played really well today and I tried to concentrate on taking it point by point. Mona is playing very aggressive tennis so I think my spin really paid off. 
 "Coming into this tournament I had not won many matches," the Swedish No.1 added. "But I tried to just play my game and stick with my topspin, which is my strength out there. In the end of the match I don't know how it happened, but I won the last point, and of course that's the most important point! "I'm just really living in the moment right now and I'm happy with this victory today. 
Hopefully this can pay off later in the season, but right now I am just going to enjoy my first career WTA title."

No hay comentarios: