sábado, 12 de noviembre de 2016

France 1 Czech Republic 1. Fed cup final 2016

The opening day of the 2016 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Final finished at 1-1 between France and Czech Republic after wins for Karolina Pliskova and Caroline Garcia

After almost seven hours of enthralling tennis, the capacity crowd at the Rhenus Sport Arena left knowing that there would be at least two more rubbers on the second, and last, day of the 2016 Fed Cup Final.

Karolina Pliskova and Kristina Mladenovic set the tone in the opening rubber as the Czech battled to a gruelling and historic victory against her French opponent.

Pliskova needed three hours 48 minutes to win 63 46 1614 against her childhood friend but the outcome was in the balance until the very end. 

"I was really waiting for my chance," said Pliskova. "She was serving so well in the third set and I didn't have many chances and if I did she always served big serves. I'm happy with the win."

No hay comentarios: