viernes, 23 de septiembre de 2016

Radwanska into semis of the Tokyo 2016

TOKYO, Japan
Radwanska  kept her Tokyo title defense on track with an emphatic win over Olympic gold medalist Monica Puig, defeating her 6-2, 6-3 to claim her fifth semifinal berth at the toray pan pacific open.
She holds the record for most matches and most titles won in the Asian swing since 2011, and looks set to add to her tally after straight sets victory over Puig.

"I definitely played my best tennis today," Radwanska said in her on-court interview. "I was serving well and keeping the ball very well. Obviously I knew [Puig] is a really great player, playing in a very top form. So I'm really glad I could do everything today, in my game."

Radwanska hit 16 winners and allowed just 10 unforced errors during the one hour and 16 minute encounter, not giving Puig much to work with as the Puerto Rican hit 19 winners to 30 unforced errors.

No hay comentarios: