lunes, 15 de agosto de 2016

Elena Vesnina and Makarova strike gold in Rio 2016

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil
 Four years after pairing up for the first time ahead of the Olympic tennis event  in London, No.7 seeds Makarova  and elena Vesnina  strike gold in Rio, taking out No.5 seeds and World Co-No.1Martina hingis  and countrywoman timea Bacsinszky, 6-4, 6-4.

"It's incredible," Vesnins said after the match. "Ever since I was a little girl, I was watching the Olympic Games, and it was such a dream just to come here and get a medal for Russia, for my country and in front of my dad. We've been through so much, and yet we were so good today.

"We stuck together and we believed til the end that we could win. It's just incredible, I still can't believe that we won the gold. It's the best moment in my career, I swear!"

No hay comentarios: