martes, 30 de agosto de 2016

Ana Ivanovic in press conference. Us open 2016

Q. What do you think made the difference in the tiebreak today?
ANA IVANOVIC: Probably confidence. You know, I had that set point, you know, and I went for my big forehand and it was quite a bad miss because I was a little bit in two minds what to do with it.

I think it was just, yeah, a little bit of confidence at that moment to close out the set.

Q. How important is it then for you to continue to keep going for it if maybe you're not feeling as confident as you should feel?
ANA IVANOVIC: I think that's what happened in the second set. I tried to go less for it because I tried to make less errors, basically, and I ended up making more.

It was really hard to find the balance between striking and staying in the points. A lot of times in the second set my ball was dropping short of my backhand and she was in control.

Q. How disappointing is it second year in a row going out first round?
ANA IVANOVIC: Yeah, it is very disappointing. You want to try and do best at the biggest events. I really felt I did everything I could. It is very, very sad.

Q. What do you attribute it to?
ANA IVANOVIC: I mean, it's a lot of things. Also, my wrist inflamed again.

Yeah, it's just like I talked about, you know, confidence in these important moments throughout the matches. I feel like I put myself in a position to close out the set or, you know, a break, and then I don't.

This is what has been really frustrating, so this is something that I really have to reassess and work on.

Q. You have been at the height of the women's game. How hungry are you to get back and attain that level?
ANA IVANOVIC: Of course that's what we work for. I really feel like I have a talent to do that. You know, there is a lot of hard work and a lot of health as well involved. This is what I need to do.

I feel like I have been putting a lot of work on court and in the gym over the year. It's been very frustrating not getting anything in return, because I really feel like I invested my heart and also the work.

You know, it's really disappointing in that way, so I really have to try and, you know, stay a little bit positive even if it's very hard.

No hay comentarios: