lunes, 27 de junio de 2016

Venus williams in press conference. Wimbledon 2016

Q. How much pressure do you feel as the defending champion here, being that it was the last slam title you won, coming into this event?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, honestly, I don't feel any pressure. I feel good and confident.

Q. After the French Open, you posted that video kind of talking about your transition, getting back on court, hitting again. Can you talk a little bit about what your preparation for Wimbledon has been, how much you've been able to hit on the grass, practice... 
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I got here I think on Monday. So I've had a lot of time on the grass. In the States, usually I just hit on the hard court. But the grass has slowed down a lot. I mean, it's a huge difference still, but it's not like it was 10 years ago. 
I did the same preparation, and it seems to work for me.

Q. What do you enjoy most about playing on the grass of Wimbledon?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I enjoy it just being on grass. It's usually the only tournament I play on grass. It's a unique experience. You know, it's just that one time a year you just get to get on this amazing, beautiful surface. It feels really good.

Q. What is most suited for your game about these courts?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, you know, the speed. I guess they're a little faster than most other surfaces. So I think that works good for me. 
But either way, I just feel like all surfaces I'm pretty well adept on. Yeah, I don't know what suits me.

Q. Your first opponent is a Swiss girl. Do you have any information about her?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Not yet. But normally, my coach obviously does a lot of research, or the most that he can, then we go from there.

Q. Do you take time to seriously reflect on the big defeats you've had this year, Kerber in Australia, Muguruza in Paris, and what do you learn from them and learn about yourself from them?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I think it's important to learn from every loss that you have. I think in particular I usually do throughout my whole career have been able to, like, learn a lot, to come off, to come back a much better player.

Q. You said your coach would research about your opponent. Do you prefer to play someone you have never played because it's a new challenge or do you prefer playing someone you know already?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Honestly, it doesn't matter who I play. It doesn't matter to me.

No hay comentarios: