viernes, 10 de junio de 2016

Kristina Mladenovic into QFS of the Netherlands’s open 2016

S-HERTOGENBOSCH, Netherlands

Kristina Mladenovic battled through fatigue and a surging Russian qualifier Natalia Vikhlyantseva to reach the quarterfinals at the Ricoh Open, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4.

Mladenovic acknowledged that the quick turnaround from the roland garros clay - where on Saturday she won a Grand Slam doubles title with partner caroline Garcia - to the grass of 's-Hertogenbosch was tough on her. In fact, it left her participation in the Ricoh Open up in the air.

"I have to be honest, I'm a bit surprised to be in the quarterfinals here," Mladenovic admitted. "But I love the tournament, grass is one of my favorite surfaces.

"I was thinking about maybe pulling out, because obviously there is fatigue. I'm a bit tired, but I wanted to commit because I love this tournament and that's why I keep coming back a couple of years in a row."

No hay comentarios: