viernes, 17 de junio de 2016

Caroline garcía advances in mallorca open 2016. Ivanovic out

MALLORCA, Spain
Caroline garcía  continued her domination of No.3 seed Ana Ivanovic,  dispatching the Serb in a titanic affair in the quarterfinals of the Mallorca Open, 7-6(9), 5-7, 6-3.

Playing in her first-ever grass court quarterfinal, Garcia had plenty of momentum against Ivanovic, having won their last three matches in 2015. But Ivanovic had played some solid tennis of her own in Mallorca, and recovered from an early break to force a first set tie-break against her French nemesis.

"I had so many opportunities, but I stayed positive even when I'd lose my advantage," Garcia said in her post-match press conference. "It's good to win matches like this against a big player.

"I was down in the tie-break and had no choice but to go for it and take the opportunity before she could."

No hay comentarios: