viernes, 7 de mayo de 2021

Barbora Strycova has announced her retirement but hopes she still has one more match to play in 2022.

Dear fans...or I should say friends," Strycova wrote. "As you might have heard, I announced my retirement from professional tennis today. It feels weird. Until now, tennis was the only world I knew. I have always had enormous love for this amazing sport. Even though all the pain, tears, renunciation and sweat, all the great moment and victories were worth it!

I never planned to end my career during a pandemic. However, some moments in life just can't be planned and I am super excited for my next life role as a mom. It doesn't mean I will accept that fact that I didn't play my last match in front of an audience. 

"Once it's possible, I will play one last match...in front of you. To say a proper goodbye."

No hay comentarios: