miércoles, 5 de mayo de 2021

Badosa in press conference. Mutua Madrid Open 2021.

I’m very happy because it’s something that I wasn’t expecting at the start of the week, but I’m playing well and dealing with the pressure”, she admitted, wearing the smile of someone who has just become the first Spanish player to reach the semi-finals of the Madrid WTA 1000.

After beating eighth seed Belinda Bencic, the world No. 62 said she felt “very nervous because she had already played against her three weeks ago, but I handled it well and the fans are really helping me”.

Asked about her celebration of kissing the clay in the Arantxa Sánchez Stadium after the match, one of many memorable images after her win, Badosa said that it was the result of “the excitement of playing at home, in Madrid and because I love the way the court is”, adding that in this instance “I hadn’t planned anything, sometimes I’m very expressive and spontaneous”.

No hay comentarios: