miércoles, 25 de noviembre de 2015

Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki met the press ahead of Thursday's exhibition clash in Denmark


Serena Williams and Caroline Wozniacki met the Danish press on Wednesday ahead of their exhibition clash - the Energi Denmark Champions Battle - which is set for Thursday. 

 "I've been looking forward to this day for a long time," Wozniacki said. "It's been three years since I played my last match in Denmark, and playing my good friend Serena here is a dream come true." Williams played the Energi Denmark Champions Battle last year too, against another former No.1.
 "I've been looking forward to visiting Herning again," Williams commented. "I had such a great time playing here last year, so when I had the chance to come here with Caroline I said yes right away." The two have been BFFs on the tour for years - and the relationship could keep going for years. "We've been joking that I'll follow Caroline around the tour when I finish playing myself," Williams said at Wednesday's press conference, smiling. "Being in the box, maybe even coaching Caroline!" On Thursday they'll play for a Shamballa bracelet worth 100,000 Danish krones (just over $14,000).

No hay comentarios: