sábado, 14 de noviembre de 2015

Petra Kvitova win over Pavlyuchenkova into 2015 Final Fed Cup

It was the result that everyone had been expecting but it wasn't plain sailing for the Czech Republic and Russia on the opening day of the 2015 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Final in Prague. 


In front of a sell-out crowd at the O2 Arena, Czech No. 1 Petra Kvitova got off to a slow start and had to come back from a set down to defeat Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 26 61 61. “It was nerves," explained Kvitova after the match. 
"It was really difficult for me to turn it round. When I stepped on the court I was so nervous, I was really tight. My legs were very heavy and I couldn’t move well so that was probably the key.” Pavlyuchenkova would not have expected to defeat the world No. 6 but pushing her into a third set could help her team mate, Maria Sharapova, win the crucial battle of the No. 1s on Sunday. “One day you win, one day you lose," said Pavlyuchenkova. 
"One day you’re lucky, today I was not that lucky. I need to forget this match now and go and get ready for tomorrow.”

No hay comentarios: