sábado, 21 de noviembre de 2015

Donna Vekic participated in a star-studded campaign to cheer on her favorite team, Real Madrid, ahead of their blockbuster match against Barcelona.


For tennis fans, the WTA's week in Madrid is a time to handicap the field as it heads into the French Open. For WTA Rising Star Donna Vekic, the Mutua Madrid Open is an extra special spot on her schedule, as it puts her just 20 minutes from the home of Real Madrid Club de Fútbol, her favorite football team. 


 "It's really lucky that we have a tournament in Madrid, so whenever I'm there I always try to go if I'm not playing," Vekic told WTA Insider. 
 "My whole family has been fans since Davor Suker played for Real Madrid. There's a picture of me as a three year old in his kit!" Growing up watching Real Madrid matches, the talented teenager attended her first in the Spanish capital only a few years ago, but enjoyed the added bonus of getting to tour their home arena, the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu. 
 "Their facilities are really good and it was nice to see it from the inside. I guess we can say it's a little bit bigger than most tennis stadiums!"

No hay comentarios: