sábado, 4 de abril de 2015

SERENA WILLIAMS CONQUERS MIAMI 2015.


The early moments of the match were relatively close, with both players holding their first two service games en route to 2-all. 


But from there it was all one-way traffic - the No.1-seeded Williams put on an absolute masterclass, ripping winner after winner from every shot in her legendary arsenal, reeling off 10 straight games to run away with the match against the No.12-seeded Suárez Navarro, 6-2, 6-0. 
 Williams lost 14 points in those 10 games and allowed the Spaniard just five in the second set. She finished the match with 27 winners in 56 minutes - approximately one winner every two minutes. And her wheels didn't go unnoticed either - she let just three winners past her in the match. Williams only had good things to say to Suárez Navarro in the trophy ceremony. 
 "Congratulations to Carla. She's had a fabulous two weeks," she said. 
"This is just the beginning. I'm really proud of you - we always get along and it's always great to see you do well, so congratulations." She had a special dedication to make, too.
 "I would love to dedicate this to my dad," Williams said. "He's not here. I miss him. I hope he's watching. I love you daddy - this one's for you.
" Last but by no means least, the fans who have been cheering her on at her home event for so long. "Thank you to all my fans - thank you for believing in me and supporting me all these years!"

No hay comentarios: