jueves, 9 de abril de 2015

NEWS KATOWICE OPEN 2015. GIORGI ADVANCES, LINETTE OUT.


The No.3-seeded Giorgi was the first to move through, dropping a 68-minute first set despite holding two set points at 6-5, but clawing back to beat Polish qualifier Magda Linette, 6-7(3), 6-2, 6-3. 

 "In the first set I wasn't consistent. I was playing well, but I made some mistakes in the important points, especially in the tie-break," Giorgi said after the match.
"Because of that the tie-break went really fast. I think I was trying to finish the points too fast, which wasn't a good tactic. So from the start of the second set I tried to use the tactics I needed to do. I was much better in the next two sets." Giorgi will get a day off now before getting back on the court on Quarterfinal Friday. 
 "I hope to keep playing like this," she said. "I just want to stay consistent and keep going here." The Italian was asked about her inspirations too - which players inspired her, and still inspire her. "I was always watching Sampras and Agassi - for me they were the best, and still the best," Giorgi said. "And my dad taught me to anticipate and not give time to the opponent, and always be aggressive."

No hay comentarios: