lunes, 9 de septiembre de 2013

SERENA WILLIAMS IN PRESS CONFERENCE. NEW YORK 2013


Q. Can you just talk about the bout of nerves when you served for the match twice in that second set? SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I think I got a little uptight, which probably wasn't the best thing at that moment. I started to try to I wasn't playing very smart tennis then, so I just had to relax and not do that again. But I did it again. I don't know.

 Q. Beginning of the tournament, any pressure on you to defend your title? 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, there's always pressure to defend your title. I didn't feel a lot of pressure, but I knew I wanted to win. But I think, you know, losing a match before I got to the Open actually took a little bit of the pressure that was on me off of me, so it made it a little better. 
SERENA, RICKY MARTIN AND EVA LONGORIA
 Q. It's obvious that winning Grand Slams, they're all special experiences. But to win it having to sort of face that adversity that you did in the second set, overcome whatever hiccups were there and come back and win dominantly like that in the third, do you relish it all the more to have done it that way?
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I think at that point just getting the win under your belt is awesome. I obviously would have preferred to close it out in straight sets. But going against a great opponent like Victoria, you have to be able to realize that that can happen, and, you know, you have to keep fighting for everything. 
SERENA AND RICKY MARTIN IN NEW YORK 2013
 Q. What are your thoughts on the milestones that are ahead of you in terms of majors, including Steffi Graf's 22, given that you're only almost 32 years old? 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, I don't think about it. I always said recently like age for me is I feel great. I have never felt better. I feel really fit. I can play a tournament like this, singles, doubles, with tough, tough schedules. For the most part, I felt really good. You know, I haven't felt like this in a number of years. I'm excited about the possibilities. I don't know what can happen. I just keep playing and do the best that I can. 

Q. How does the way you're playing right now compare with any other time in your career? 
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I think I played pretty solid in the tournament. You know, today wasn't probably my best tennis of the tournament, but it was a lot of things going on going against a good player. But it was good just to get through that. 

Q. You have been so dominant this year. Did you feel like you kind of needed a second Grand Slam title? SERENA WILLIAMS: Absolutely. Absolutely. I felt almost disappointed with my year, to be honest. I felt like, yeah, I won the French Open, but I wasn't happy with my performances in the other two slams, and, you know, not even making it to the quarterfinals of one. So I definitely feel a lot better with at least a second Grand Slam under my belt this year. 

 Q. Earlier this week Victoria was talking about her X Factor. Help us out. What's Serena's X Factor? What makes you so special as a champion on court?
 SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I don't know. I can't talk about that myself. I think that's a better question for someone else to answer. I don't know what makes me special. I consider myself just like everyone else. I just play. 

 Q. What was it like to meet President Clinton? 
 SERENA WILLIAMS: I have met him several times. Kind of we reminisced about when I was a teenager and how he first saw me then coming to the White House and several times at the US Open. So it was interesting, because we actually have a history. That's kind of unique to have a history with a former president of the United States of America.

No hay comentarios: