domingo, 19 de abril de 2015

Teliana Pereira conquers the "CLARO OPEN COLSANITAS 2015"


Teliana Pereira completed a dream week at the Claro Open Colsanitas on Sunday, beating Yaroslava Shvedova to become the first Brazilian in 27 years to win a WTA title. 

 The unseeded Pereira, who had already taken out No.4 seed Francesca Schiavone and No.1 seed Elina Svitolina en route to the final, rallied from 4-2 down to sneak out the first set and then cruised the rest of the way against the No.5-seeded Shvedova, capturing the title after a 7-6(2), 6-1 victory. The last time a Brazilian woman captured a WTA title was at Barcelona all the way back in April 1988, when Neige Dias came through - a few months later, on July 20, 1988, Pereira came into the world. 
 "This has been the best week of my life," an overjoyed Pereira said after the match. 
 "When I was training, I always dreamt of winning a WTA championship, and now I've done it. Playing the Medellín challenger before this was very important to me because there was a little altitude there, too, and that helped me get ready for the conditions here. I think I played very well all week. 
 "I felt very solid all week and I'm so happy to win my first WTA title here in Bogotá."

No hay comentarios: