martes, 27 de agosto de 2019

Coco Gauff in press conference. Us Open 2019



USOpen.org: What about New York and the US Open stands out for you the most?
Coco Gauff: There have been so many firsts for me in New York. The US Open was the first tournament I watched in person when I was 8 years old. The first international tournament I played in [Little Mo] was in New York when I was 8, and my first major junior final was at the US Open [in 2017]. Now, being able to play my first main draw here is really cool.
USOpen.org: What do you like to do off the court when you’re in New York?
Coco Gauff: I love to go see “The Lion King” on Broadway. It’s my favorite thing ever. I’ve gone to see it five times, six if we get a chance to go this year! Walking around Times Square is an experience in itself, as well.
USOpen.org: There’s a good chance you might get to play in one of the stadiums this year. Have you thought about what that might be like?
Coco Gauff: Playing on Ashe would be a dream; same with Louis. I’ve gotten to play on the Grandstand before but can only imagine what it would be like to play on a bigger court than that at the Open. I’m excited and nervous at the same time.
USOpen.org: How would you assess your form coming into the tournament?
Coco Gauff: I feel great mentally, physically, emotionally. I’m just excited to have gotten the wild card, so I hope to make the most of the opportunity

No hay comentarios: