sábado, 2 de julio de 2016

Serena Williams in press conference. Wimbledon 2016

Q. How important was mental strength in that win? 
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah, there were times where I was down and out. I just kept fighting. That's what I know I can do best. I knew that I could count on that, rely on that.

Q. If you're going to struggle and fight, is this the best venue for you to do it at where you have the grass underfoot, big serve going?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't think that's a fair statement. I think I've struggled and fought on every surface and I've come out on top. 
It really doesn't matter what surface it is for me.

Q. Your racquet ended up in the cameraman's lap after that first set. Did that help you in some way to get the frustration out?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I guess so. I was just really, really, really angry. I had a lot of chances. She got really lucky on some shots. She just was playing great. I was a little disappointed in myself at that point.

Q. What are you most proud of of yourself today?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I'm proud of how I closed it out that last game, I thought it was a very strong game. Being able to get through that match, it wasn't easy, but I was able to get through it.

Q. What makes Wimbledon so special to you and would you have any advice for kids to come to Wimbledon, as well?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I think Wimbledon obviously is a special place just in the name itself. You just think of so much history, just so many things. 
I think it really is cool and awesome to encourage the youth to come out here and see some amazing tennis by so many great players. Maybe they'll choose tennis for their future.

No hay comentarios: