miércoles, 27 de abril de 2016

Petra Kvitova: “To defend the title in Madrid would be a really great result for me”

What are your thoughts on winning in Madrid last year?

It was a great tournament for me and I really didn’t expect to get through to compete for the trophy. It was definitely a difficult tournament, as the first two rounds were three setters. Also playing Serena in the semi-final I think I played really good, so I have great memories.

You have won twice in Madrid and share the record with Serena Williams. What is that makes Madrid so special for Petra Kvitova?

Well I love the conditions over there, definitely, with the altitude and as the balls are flying so heavy. With my aggressive game this really pays off. I think this really helps and the clay is very good for me as well, so I think that everything you find there really helps me.

Your biggest wins have been at Wimbledon, playing on grass. How do you explain your success on the Caja Magica clay?

One reason is that the altitude really helps the players who are playing fast and aggressively. The balls really fly and I think that the players who are just pushing the ball don’t really have a chance to finish the ball. As I said, I think this really helps my game especially my serve. It is always good to have these kinds of weapons.

No hay comentarios: