sábado, 18 de enero de 2020

Caroline wozniacki in press conference. Australian open 2020

Wozniacki announced in December that she would make one last trip to Melbourne before hanging up her racquet. That the Dane would choose Melbourne Park as her final farewell is understandable. Rod Laver Arena was the site of her maiden major title two years ago, where she upended Simona Halep to win the 2018 Australian Open and finally check off the one box missing on her long list of career achievements.

Now ranked No.35, Wozniacki is scheduled to play No.92 Kristie Ahn in the first round on Monday.

"So far I've just approached it like any other tournament," Wozniacki said during her pre-tournament press conference. "But obviously it's different since it's my last one.

"I'm just enjoying being out there. I've had some great practice sessions. I've done everything I could to prepare as well as I can for this tournament, then hope for the best."

"I'm sure once the last ball is hit, it's going to be a bit emotional.

No hay comentarios: