domingo, 24 de diciembre de 2017

Destanee Aiava and Ajla Tomljanovic have both been awarded wildcards for next week’s Brisbane International 2018

Destanee Aiava and Ajla Tomljanovic have both been awarded wildcards for next week’s Brisbane International.

Aiava, who Is just 17, made headlines at the tournament last year when she upset Bethanie Mattek-Sands in three sets, ending the year ranked World No.154, 232 places higher than 2016.

Tomljanovic, meanwhile, has recovered from the shoulder injury which hampered her 2016, ending the year just outside the Top 100.

“I’m excited to get back to Brisbane, it’s a great opportunity for me to progress my career and I’d like to thank Tennis Australia for giving me the wildcard,” Aiava said.

“I’ll always remember my first win on the WTA in Brisbane, and hopefully I can go even further I the tournament this time.”

Tomljanovic added: “I’m obviously really happy to get the wildcard. I’ve done a few pre-seasons in Brisbane, I love it here.

No hay comentarios: