viernes, 11 de agosto de 2017

Sloane Stephens into semis of the Rogers cup 2017

TORONTO, Canada 
Sloane Stephens' comeback run at the Rogers Cup continued on Thursday afternoon in Toronto, as the American ousted No.3 seed Angelique Kerber to reach the quarterfinals, 6-2, 6-2.

The former World No.11 kept her inspiring comeback going with a 58-minute win over the No.3 seed, a performance in stark contrast to the two lengthy three-setters she won against Yulia Putintseva and No.14 seed Petra Kvitova to reach the last 16.

"Last week, I said eventually I was going to beat someone - so three people, it's pretty good," Stephens said after the match. "So, I'm just pleased with that - pleased to be playing well and just happy to be back on the court again. In the first match, I played well, someone that I don't think I have ever played before...and then second match playing Kvitova is never easy and she's a lefty, which I haven't played in a really long time. 

No hay comentarios: