sábado, 19 de agosto de 2017

Simona halep into semis of the western & southern open 2017

CINCINNATI, OH, USA 
Simona Halep moved into the semifinals of the Western & Southern Open on Friday, claiming a challenging win over World No.7 Johanna Konta, 6-4, 7-6(1).

The most recent meeting between Halep and Konta was a two-and-a-half-hour marathon at Wimbledon, which Konta won in three tough sets, preventing Halep from ascending to the World No.1 ranking at that time. On Friday night, Halep avenged that loss in one hour and 49 minutes, keeping her hopes alive of attaining the top ranking on Monday.

"Today I played the best match so far this tournament. I could hit the ball. I could move well," Halep said. "I feel the rhythm. It's back, so I'm positive again. I'm on it again. I feel good, and I feel thankful with the way I played tonight. It was really good."

No hay comentarios: