miércoles, 30 de agosto de 2017

Jelena ostapenko advances to 2 round of the us open 2017

Reigning French Open champion and No. 12 seed Jelena Ostapenko passed a stern test from Spain's Lara Arruabarrena -- and the weather -- to begin her US Open on Tuesday with a 6-2, 1-6, 6-1 victory.

Plagued by two stoppages due to rain, it was a tale of two matches -- and two courts -- for the world No. 12, who became just one of six women to advance to the second round on Tuesday due to the conditions. 

"The first set I played really well, and the second set I stepped back a little bit," Ostapenko said after the match. "She played well, then we had to wait not the whole day but couple of hours if we have to play or not. I didn't really know what to do, should I warm up or should I go back to hotel.

No hay comentarios: