viernes, 25 de agosto de 2017

Anastasija sevastova in press conference. Us open 2017

USOpen.org: What's the adjustment been like to see yourself as a Top 20 player and the top seed at tournaments?


Anastasija Sevastova: Well, for sure, it's tough. From one side, it's nice to be seeded at a tournament and be Top 20, but from the other side, you have more to lose, maybe, and everybody wants to beat you. But I'm still happy with my season.

USOpen.org: Does it make it extra special to achieve what you have, given you retired from the sport after suffering so many physical problems?


Sevastova: I think it's a little bit stupid question to ask that (smiling). For sure, it's special to be as high as I am right now. It's my highest ranking, and to start from nothing in 2015 and then come up that high, of course, it's very special.

USOpen.org: How excited are you to return to the US Open, where last year you had your best Grand Slam result? And how are you feeling about your chances there for this year?


Sevastova: I'm very excited about US Open. It's my favorite tournament. It was amazing atmosphere last year, and I hope I can achieve something there. But you never know. Women's tennis is so strong. My chances there? It depends if you get a good draw and some openings, you always have a chance, as you can see with [what happened at] Roland Garros and Wimbledon. They were unpredictable winners maybe, as you can see. But anyway, it's tough. The first rounds are always tough at a Grand Slam, so we'll see.


No hay comentarios: