lunes, 5 de junio de 2017

Simona halep advances into french open 2017. Suárez Navarro out

PARIS, France - With the loss of just two games, No.3 seed Simona Halep strolled into the last eight at the French Open on Monday, defeating No.21 seed Carla Suárez Navarro, 6-1, 6-1 on Court Philippe Chatrier.

Though Halep led 6-5 in the overall head-to-head between the two coming into the match, she had never previously beaten Suárez Navarro on clay.That all changed on Monday, as the No.3 seed struck 19 winners in 60 minutes of play to return to the last eight for the second time in her career

"I think I played the best match here in Roland Garros against Carla, which always was a tough match. On clay I never won against her, so it was a really good match. I think I played exactly what I had to.

I'm ready to go into this second week. I'm happy to be in the quarterfinals again, so let's see. Next opponent, it's a big challenge for me. I will give my best."

No hay comentarios: