sábado, 6 de mayo de 2017

Mona barthel conquer's of the J & T Banka Prague Open 2017

PRAGUE, Czech Republic 
German qualifier Mona Barthel pulled off a dramatic comeback in the final of the J&T Banka Prague Open to take down local favorite Kristyna Pliskova and claim her first title since 2014.

Despite being down a set and a break against the Czech - who was looking to follow in her sister Kristina’s footsteps with a Prague win – Barthel still found some energy left in the tank to turn it around and win 2-6, 7-5, 6-2.  

 “I still can’t believe it. It was such a long and tough week, especially today," Barthel said in her on-court interview. "I felt so exhausted and Kristyna played so well in the first set – I actually don’t know how I did it! I was just trying to fight and trying to keep playing and somehow I made it.

No hay comentarios: