martes, 30 de mayo de 2017

Elina Svitolina win's over Yaroslava Shvedova into french open 2017

PARIS, France 
Elina Svitolina struck 25 winners to begin her French Open on a high note on Tuesday, easing past Yaroslava Shvedova in straight sets, 6-4, 6-3.

A match that might've not been out of place in the second week - Svitolina reached her lone Grand Slam quarterfinal to date in Paris in 2015, and Shvedova had twice appeared in the last eight in 2010 and 2012 - it was the Ukrainian who stepped up when it mattered most.

"I think it was quite tough match for the first round to have Yaroslava was quite tough draw," Svitolina said. "I lost to her in Wimbledon last year, but I knew I'm playing much better, physically I'm much better, stronger. That's why I had a little bit more confidence than the last time. I was a bit nervous, but in the same time calm and tried to play my tennis and bring my game today."

No hay comentarios: