domingo, 7 de mayo de 2017

Angelique kerber win's over babos into Mutua Madrid Open 2017.

MADRID, Spain 
Angelique Kerber made quick work of Timea Babos to begin her Mutua Madrid Open campaign on Sunday, ousting the Hungarian 6-4, 6-2 to begin the day's play on the Manolo Santana Court.

The top seed ran her head-to-head against Babos to 5-0 with the victory, as she broke serve four times and won nearly 80 percent of points behind her own first delivery in the one hour, 20-minute victory.

The win is Kerber's first in the Spanish capital since she reached the quarterfinals in 2013, as she had lost her last four matches at the tournament.


"I think it was a good match for me," Kerber said post-match. "I mean, especially after the last match I played [a loss to Kristina Mladenovic in Stuttgart], I'm really happy about the way I played from the beginning. I think it was a tough match.

"The score is not maybe looking like that, but at the end, every single game was really tough. We both run a lot. I'm happy that I won it in two sets and I played like I played today."

No hay comentarios: