sábado, 21 de enero de 2017

Serena Williams win's over Nicole Gibbs into australian open 2017

Serena Williams has wasted little time in reaching the fourth round at Melbourne Park after unceremoniously dispatching her American countrywoman Nicole Gibbs 6-1 6-3 at Rod Laver Arena on Saturday.

“I was so pumped up going against my first two opponents,” Williams said.

“But I think that helped me out today. She started out really, really well. Started with a lot of energy.”

Despite unexpectedly dropping the penultimate game when serving for the match – perhaps some tension in closing it out – it was an otherwise clinical display from the No.2 seed in just the pair’s second meeting, as she simply outgunned Gibbs in every department to take the match in just 63 minutes.

Williams was circumspect about her progress at Melbourne Park thus far.

“I have been doing the things I have been doing in practice, and hopefully I can build up on this,” she said. “That's all I want to do.”

No hay comentarios: