sábado, 14 de enero de 2017

Serena Williams in press conference. Australian open 2017

“I just didn't want to think about it until after Australia because Grand Slams mean a lot to me,” Williams said. “It's almost a little unreal right now because I haven't taken it in.

“I won't allow it to sink in because I'm so focused.”

Having taken significant time away from the game last year following struggles with shoulder and knee injuries, the 35-year-old’s reinvigorated passion appears to have come from the opportunity to take a break from tennis – not just physically, but mentally.

“I feel like when I take a break, I just need to really take a complete break,” she said. “I definitely kind of take a step back. But tennis is a sport that I absolutely love. It's my life, whether I'm playing or whether I'm not playing.”

With her dedication to the game intact, Williams reiterated a desire to keep working towards becoming a better player, highlighting how that mindset continues to shape her pre-seasons. “I always go in trying to improve pretty much everything all around,” she said.

No hay comentarios: