sábado, 14 de enero de 2017

Karolina Pliskova into press conference. Australian open 2017

Despite her recent title win in Brisbane and looking in ominous touch, fifth seed Karolina Pliskova says she shouldn’t be considered a favourite at this year’s Australian Open.

“I would definitely not take me,” she said on Saturday at Melbourne Park.

“There is still I think many more players better than me. It's the first Grand Slam of the year. Everyone was working hard in the off-season, so it's tough to say.”

The 24-year-old Czech’s preparation this year has seen her replicate the process that took her to the final of the 2016 US Open by taking a light week after her Brisbane success.

“If you're playing well, have a lot of matches, I don't see any reason to play another tournament,” she said.

“That's what I did in New York. So I just did it here. I don't know if it's going to work, but I just want to leave everything in this tournament, in this Grand Slam.

No hay comentarios: