sábado, 21 de enero de 2017

Johanna Konta win's over caroline wozniacki into australian open 2017

Konta, who stormed to last week’s Sydney title without the loss of a set, took her winning streak to eight matches with a 6-3 6-1 demolition of Caroline Wozniacki in the third round at Melbourne Park on Saturday.

Everything the Brit showcased in Sydney – relentless power, aggressive court positioning, devastating returning, strong serving, athletic movement and mental clarity – have carried through into her three matches at the Australian Open.

The fact that trio of victories have come against incredibly tough opposition – before Wozniacki, she faced former world No.13 Kirsten Flipkens in round one before subduing the challenge of rising Japanese star Naomi Osaka – make her run all the more notable.

“I'm very pleased with how I've just been able to problem-solve in the last matches that I've played, really play myself into matches where I felt I started slowly. Also, like today, just also maintain the level,” Konta said.

“I've played against some very good players. To be able to come through that, I'm very pleased. I try to take the good things from having played quite a few matches. Having been already in certain pressure situations, certain things so recently, maybe I can relate back to those things within a match.”

No hay comentarios: