martes, 17 de enero de 2017

Daria Gavrilova advances to 2 round into australian open 2017

Gavrilova, seeded No.22, outlasted dangerous Brit Naomi Broady in a gritty, tense, scrappy and absorbing encounter at Margaret Court Arena on Tuesday night that ended with the local winning 3-6 6-4 7-5.

The match recalled many of her three-set thrillers of 2016, but also showcased a newfound adeptness at channelling her energy in a positive manner.

“I think I stayed composed (tonight). I told my coaches that I was really happy about how I handled the first set loss, because I felt like I had chances. I was just trying to believe that I can still turn it around and win,” she said.

“This is the first step. I was telling myself during the match, ‘Okay, you're doing well. Surely it's going to pay off’. After the match, I was joking around. I said, ‘I'm a grown-up woman now’ (smiling).”

No hay comentarios: