martes, 18 de octubre de 2016

Serena Williams out of the bnp Paribas WTA finals due to illness

Serena Williams  will not take part at  bnp Paribas WTA finals receiving medical advice regarding a troublesome shoulder injury.

The 35-year-old 22-time Grand Slam champion made the announcement late on Sunday after missing all of the Asian Swing due to that same issue; shoulder problems also kept her out of the Rogers cup and W & S open earlier in the summer.

"I was looking forward to competing in Singapore this year and playing against the best players in the world," said Williams.

"However, I have received disappointing news from my doctor that I must undergo a series of medical treatments for my shoulder, and will be off the court for the next several weeks.

"I will miss coming to Singapore for the year-end Finals and playing in front of my fans but truly hope to be back soon."

No hay comentarios: