viernes, 23 de septiembre de 2016

Serena Williams is targeting a return to action at the WTA Finals in Singapore after a continuing shoulder injury has ruled out her participation in Wuhan and Beijing 2016

announced today that due to a continuing shoulder injury she will not compete in the upcoming Dongfeng motor Wuhan open and the China open in Beijing.

"I am disappointed that I will not be able to compete at the Dongfend motor Wuhan open or the China open due to continuing issues with my right shoulder," Williams said in a statement. "I have been practicing and playing but my shoulder is still not fit for tournament play."

"I wish the tournaments great success and I'm sure the fans will enjoy some great tennis. I am focused on getting ready to compete at the WTA Finals in Singapore."

"I'm tired of playing tournaments unhealthy and taking losses that I would never lose."

Williams has played eight tournaments this year, the fewest she has played in a season since returning from injury in 2011.

No hay comentarios: