domingo, 3 de julio de 2016

Serena Williams advances in Wimbledon 2016. Annika beck out

LONDON, Great Britain
Serena Williams recovered brilliantly from her titanic second round against Christina Mchale to play her best tennis of the tournament to beat Germany's Annika beck, 6-3, 6-0, to not only reach the fourth round of Wimbledon  but also win her 300th career Grand Slam match.

It had been a struggle for the World No.1 under the Centre Court roof on Friday, but Serena showed no signs of rust against Beck on the People's Sunday - the first since 2004 - hitting 25 winners to just 14 unforced errors to unseat Beck in 51 minutes.

"I wasn't sure what the stats were obviously," Williams said when asked about her perfect serving stats in the second set, adding, "but on that last service game, I was thinking, Have I lost on my first serve yet? I wasn't sure, but I just tried to stay focused."

No hay comentarios: