sábado, 2 de julio de 2016

Angelique kerber advances into Wimbledon 2016. Carina Witthoeft out


kerber's confidence is growing by the day after the German No.4 seed recorded her third straight-sets win of the week to move into the fourth round.

The world No.4 had to battle through a tight first set before running away with a 7-6(11), 6-1 victory over fellow German carina Witthoeft.

Kerber, who shocked the world to win her first Grand Slam title in Melbourne in January, has lost no more than seven games in any of her first three matches.

Wins over Laura Robson, lepchenko  and now Witthoeft have given her a positive feeling about her chances in SW19 this year.

“I think right now I'm feeling really good, like in Australia,” said Kerber, who next faces unseeded Japanese Misaki doi, who is into the fourth round at a major for the first time.

“Of course, I have confidence. I know how to win a tournament like this. At the end I think it was a good week for me. I had a good three matches. But right now, the second week starts.”

It was Doi who almost dumped Kerber out in the first round in Melbourne, holding a match point before the German recovered to score the first of a career-changing run of seven victories.

No hay comentarios: