martes, 28 de junio de 2016

Angelique kerber in press conference. Wimbledon 2016

Angelique Kerber talks to the media after her 6-2, 6-2 win over Laura Robson

Q. A different outcome to the last time you played Laura. Talk us through how you felt that game went. 
ANGELIQUE KERBER: I think it was a different match than, like, few years ago completely. I think the first two games I need to start my rhythm. So after, like, the first few games, I was playing better and better. 
It's always tough to play against her because she's also a lefty. I remember, of course, a little bit the match few years ago. Yeah, I was trying to staying focused and playing my game, like the plan was, playing my game and being aggressive by myself.

Q. A lot has happened since then. How much did the last match actually play in your mind?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Like, on the court, not too much. But before I was thinking a little bit about this match because I was playing against her and I was also with Torben, with my coach now. We spoke a little bit about the match yesterday. 
But, yeah it happened so much in the years after that I was trying, you know, playing from zero, a new game, a new day. That was actually in my mind.

Q. It was just what you needed at the moment, wasn't it, a confident win on a big stage?
ANGELIQUE KERBER: Yes, always nice to play on the big stage, especially here in Wimbledon. I mean, I like this tournament so much. I have great memories. I reached the semis one year. 
Yeah, but it's always tough to play the first few rounds at the Grand Slam. I'm happy that I win my first round here, of course. After the first round loss in Paris, it's great to start the tournament like this.

No hay comentarios: