miércoles, 4 de mayo de 2016

Victoria Azarenka Retires From Madrid Open With Back Injury

Unfortunately in my first match I think I tweaked my back a little bit. It was really cold, and, I don't know, I think it's much easier to get a little bit hurt when it's that cold," Azarenka said during a press conference. "And the second match obviously I was in a lot of discomfort. Having a day off I thought it was going to get better. Today before my warm-up it did feel better, but once I started hitting it came back.

"I don't feel that I'm able to compete today. I'm just trying to make the smart decision and see the big picture."

Azarenka's now faces a race against time to be fit for next week's Internazionali BNL d 'Italia her last chance to fine-tune her clay court game ahead of the French open.

No hay comentarios: