domingo, 22 de mayo de 2016

Petra kvitova into 2 round of the French open 2016

PARIS, France
Petra kvitova kicked off this year's french open  with one of her signature three-setters, narrowly avoiding an upset at the hands of a determined Danka kovinic.

For a set and a half Kvitova looked to be cruising into the second round, only to suddenly find herself dragged into a dogfight. By the end she was hanging onto her title dreams by the thinnest of threads, coming within two points of defeat before eventually closing out a 6-2, 4-6, 7-5 victory.

The constant drizzle that descended upon Paris's 16th arrondissement on Sunday morning did little to help Kvitova, taking the edge off her serve and groundstrokes. "I started pretty well, and I think that the conditions weren't really easy today.

"I think that in the second set when I was serving to make it 4-1, I missed four easy backhands and I felt like that was kind of the turning point and I was kind of down mentally after this game. I think she just came back and tried to play more aggressive. I was I think running too far behind the baseline. I was just trying to put the ball in, but it's not really my game.

No hay comentarios: