martes, 24 de mayo de 2016

Kiki Bertens win's over kerber into french open 2016

PARIS, France 
Kiki Bertens  caused the first major upset at this year's french open knocking out kerber in the first round on Tuesday.

In a contest that had all the ingredients for an upset, the crowd on Philippe Chatrier was not left disappointed with the dish served up by Bertens. Fresh from a triumphant week in Nürnberg, where she came through qualifying to lift the title, the Dutchwoman continued her fine form to defeat Kerber, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3.

"I came here to play round by round, and I know that you must play your best tennis in the first rounds, as well, because everybody is a tough opponent to play," Kerber said. "I was trying it. It was not my day.

"I tried to fight also in the third set. But unfortunately she played too good in the important moments."

No hay comentarios: