jueves, 12 de mayo de 2016

Flavia Pennetta's retirement celebration in Rome 2016

The ceremony celebrated the Pennetta's long and successful career, which saw her become Italy's first No.1 woman in 2009 and a us open champion in the tournament's first all-Italian final in 2015. With her family and friends in attendance - along with hundreds of adoring Italian fans - Pennetta was joined on court by WTA CEO Steve and several of the players, umpires and journalists she's worked with during her 15 years on tour.

Video messages poured in from around the tennis world for the Italian champion, including well wishes from Serena Williams Billie Jean king, Chrissie Evert, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal.

"It was so nice to have the people here with me," an emotional Pennetta said. "The girls, Steve Simon, the WTA made an unbelievable video for me and I really appreciate everything.

"Like I said, this is my family. This was my family for such a long time. It's not finished. We spend so much time together. It's normal to feel this emotion."

No hay comentarios: