martes, 8 de marzo de 2016

Maria Sharapova announced that she had tested positive for Meldonium in Australia 2016

LOS ANGELES, CA, USA 
Maria Sharapova held a press conference on Monday to announce she has tested positive for meldonium.
Sharapova told reporters she received a letter from the ITF after the australian open notifying her of the failed drug test.

"I failed the test and I take full responsibility for it," Sharapova said. "For the past 10 years, I have been given a medicine called Mildronate by my family doctor, and a few days ago after I received the ITF letter, I found out that it also has another name of Meldonium, which I did not know.

"It's very important for you to understand that for 10 years, this medicine was not on WADA's ban list, and I had been legally taking the medicine for the past 10 years."

Sharapova said she was prescribed the medication for health issues dating back to 2006, including magnesium deficiency, an irregular heartbeat, and a family history of diabetes.

"Throughout my long career, I have been very open and honest about many things, and I take great responsibility and professionalism in my job every single day, and I made a huge mistake," Sharapova said. "I let my fans down, and this sport down that I've been playing since the age of four and that I love so deeply.

No hay comentarios: