viernes, 4 de marzo de 2016

Caroline wozniacki advanced in monterrey open 2016

"It was very tough," Wozniacki said after the match. "[Lucic-Baroni] plays really strong and really hard from the baseline and I didn't have much time to get ready for my shots. So yeah, I'm very happy to be through."

Wozniacki found herself in trouble early on - she quickly found herself down 4-2 in the first set, overpowered by Lucic-Baroni's heavy groundstrokes and returns. After a word with her coach, Wozniacki came back with more aggression, winning the next four games to take back the set 6-4.

The pair contested a tight second set, holding serves and trading breaks at 3-3, staying level until Wozniacki sealed the match with a final break to Lucic-Baroni's serve as the Croatian sent a forehand wide.

"I think I just kept my head cool and just got that extra ball back, try to get a little extra pop in my shots when she was attacking me," Wozniacki said of her first-set comeback. "I got a lot of returns back and I kept the ball deep."

No hay comentarios: