lunes, 14 de marzo de 2016

Ana Ivanovic out in Indian Wells 2016. Pliskova win's

After an even start, Pliskova's game clicked into gear in spectacular fashion, reeling off 10 straight games to close out a 6-2, 6-0 victory.

Pliskova had won all three of her previous encounters with Ivanovic, including earlier this year in Sydney.

"We've played a few times already and I've always won. But I think I played really good tennis today and I'm happy that I made [the next round] so fast," Pliskova said.

The one-sided scoreline was all the more surprising given the players' respective form heading into the tournament; Ivanovic had made the semi and quarterfinals in St. Petersburg and Dubai, while Pliskova had suffered a couple of early exits in the Middle East.

Ivanovic, though, came into the contest nursing a knee injury that hampered her movement, leaving her powerless as Pliskova powered 18 winners in their brief time on court.

"Last year I didn't lose any first rounds. Now I'd lost twice in a row so I'm just happy to have some matches and looking forward to the next one," Pliskova added.

No hay comentarios: