sábado, 23 de enero de 2016

Serena Williams win' s over kasatkina into Australian open 2016

MELBOURNE, Australia
Serena Williams was in fierce form on Rod Laver Arena on Friday night - ripping 27 winners in 44 minutes - to move smoothly through to Week 2 of the Australian open.

Taking on daría kasatkina, an 18-year-old Russian on the rise, the No.1-seeded Williams was almost flawless from start to finish, hitting more than triple the winners to unforced errors, 27 to 8, en route to a 6-1, 6-1 victory. Williams didn't face a single break point in seven service games in the match.

"Everything I've been trying to work on was kind of clicking today," Williams said afterwards.

"I thought I played pretty well in the other matches, though - my first match I thought I gave a great effort, and my second match, under the circumstances, I thought I played pretty well, I thought.

"Hopefully with each match I can just keep doing better."

No hay comentarios: