jueves, 7 de enero de 2016

Radwanska in, bouchard out in shenzen 2016

The No.6-seeded Bouchard was the first to take center court and succumbed to an on-fire babos, who broke once per set and fended off all five break points she faced to prevail, 6-4, 6-4.

Bouchard, who had only played one match since the us open due to a concussion, was playing her first WTA quarterfinal since last year's Australian open- Babos was just too sharp on the day, though.

"Genie's a great player, and she definitely has more confidence and is playing a lot better than the couple months before, so I'm happy I was solid and managed the tough situations well," Babos said.

And what about the big serving in those tough situations? "In general, in my game, I have one of the biggest serves on the tour, so it's a huge advantage for me, definitely. Genie is an aggressive player and takes the return very early - she has great returns - so I had to put a lot of first serves in.

"Thankfully in the big moments I came up with good serves and aces, so it worked out well."

No hay comentarios: