viernes, 16 de octubre de 2015

Venus advances into Hong Kong 2015. PRUDENTIAL HONG KONG TENNIS OPEN


But back to Thursday, and Williams, the No.3 seed at the International-level event, won the first seven games of the match and eventually needed just 63 minutes to beat China's Wang Yafan, 6-0, 6-2. 

 Down 6-0, 3-1, Wang played a fantastic return game, breaking Williams at 15 to get back on serve, 3-2, but the American won the last three games to reach her seventh WTA quarterfinal of the season.
 "It was more straightforward than my first match, but it's never easy - your opponents never give you the match, you have to earn every single point," Williams said. 
"I'm happy with my mentality going into it - being aggressive, being in control of the point. And now I'm in the next round so I'm happy." Next up for Williams will be Cornet, the No.8 seed, who battled almost two and a half hours to get past Yaroslava Shvedova, 6-7(4), 6-3, 6-4. 

No hay comentarios: